Lewiston is located in the northeast region of Lower Michigan about 25 miles northeast of Grayling and 25 miles southeast of Gaylord. The town of Lewiston was named after Lewis Jenson of the M.H. Lumber Company and was plotted on August 21, 1891. Around 1935 the town developed as a resort area and primarily continues as such today.
Lewiston is located on East Twin Lake and has approximately 40 other surrounding lakes. Most of them have public access; a variety of pan fish, northern pike, bass and walleye. Lewiston is within 5 miles of beautiful Garland Golf Resort and is accessible to many other fine golf and downhill/cross-country ski areas within 20 miles.